So today at work we got a treat, because we have been so busy and swamped. Our boss came in with the most yummy pumpkin mini cakes with maple icing! (I honestly meant to take a picture of them but by the time I tried they we GONE) But once you try these you can help give us some yummy photos Not only are these oh so prefect for the season, but my boss is super crazy about eating healthy so these won’t kill your diet and they are gluten free so you can have an extra one!
I did manage to get the recipe from her, but I wasn’t suppose to share it with anyone, you guys can keep a a secret right?….
Maple Frosted Pumpkin Cake Recipe!
- 3 extra large organic free-range eggs
- 2 cups organic light brown sugar, not packed
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1 15-oz can cooked pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons bourbon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 10 x 13″ baking pan with greased parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl till light and frothy; add the brown sugar, beat till smooth; add the oil, pumpkin, and vanilla; beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients . Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture a little at a time and beat to combine- for two minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, or until the cake is firm and a wooden pick inserted into the center emerges clean.
- Cool on a wire rack while you make your frosting.
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese or vegan cream cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons softened unsalted butter or vegan margarine
- 3 to 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bourbon vanilla extract
- 3 cups GF powdered sugar (more, if needed)
- Beat until the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add 3 tablespoons of the maple syrup, and vanilla. Add in the powdered sugar a cup at a time; beat till smooth. Add another tablespoon maple syrup, if needed. Add more sugar, if needed.
- When the cake is cool, frost with the Maple Cream Cheese Icing. Sprinkle with finely chopped pecans or walnuts, if desired. For nut-free, skip the nuts.
- Yields 15 pieces.
- Store cake chilled. Wrap and freeze leftovers after 2 days for best taste and texture.